LISBON -- Lisbon Central School will recognize 12 honors students at its graduation ceremony.
They have earned a cumulative grade point average of 90 or higher.
Students in this group have taken challenging high school courses. Some have earned college credit through SUNY Canton, Paul Smith’s College or North Country Community College.
• Laura Pierce, daughter of Paul and Susan Pierce, has earned the highest GPA in the Lisbon class of 2014 with a 97.80. She will attend the University of Virginia to pursue a degree in biology and a Division I running career. She earned 17 college credits during junior and senior year through Canton College distance learning and Paul Smith’s College.
• Jacqueline Sovie, daughter of Michael and Jamie Sovie, is ranked second in the class with a 97.60 GPA. An Augsbury/North Country Scholarship winner, she has enrolled at St. Lawrence University for the fall in the business economics program. She earned a total of 14 college credits from SUNY Canton through distance learning and Paul Smith’s.
• Ryan Buckley, son of Daniel and Karen Buckley, is ranked third in the honors group with a cumulative average of 95.89. He plans to pursue an information technology degree this fall at Houghton College. He earned 17 credits from Paul Smith’s and SUNY Canton through distance learning.
• Jamie Skiff, daughter of Scott Skiff and Josephine Skiff, has earned a GPA of 95.36 over her four years at Lisbon. She will attend Clarkson University this fall, having earned a Clarkson Leadership Scholarship.
• Bethany Crowley, daughter of James and Rita Crowley, earned a cumulative GPA of 95.27. She will pursue a speech pathology major at Loyola University in Maryland in the fall. She earned 11 college credits through SUNY Canton and Paul Smith’s College.
• Morgan Baldock, daughter of Michael and Susan Baldock, earned a 94.91 GPA. She has enrolled at Canton College in the nursing program. She has earned college credits from North Country Community College through the health careers program at Northwest Technical Center.
• Maeve Bowdish, daughter of Raymond and Megan Bowdish, received a cumulative GPA of 93.60. An Augsbury/North Country Scholarship winner, she will attend St. Lawrence University this fall. She also earned 11 college credits through Paul Smith’s College and Canton College.
• Kristen Calkins, daughter of Michael and Nicole Calkins, has earned a GPA of 93.56 during her high school career. A winner of the full-tuition Presidential Scholarship at Clinton College, will pursue a nursing degree. She earned college credits through North Country Community College and Paul Smith’s College.
• Kristen Warner, daughter of Richard Warner and Sheri Page, has earned a 92.46 GPA at Lisbon. She will attend Syracuse University for a graphic design major. She earned 11 college credits through Paul Smith’s College and Canton College distance learning.
• Jesse Gleason, son of Dean and Sandra Gleason, is a member of the senior honors group with a cumulative GPA of 92.19. An Eagle Scout, he will attend St. Lawrence University this fall, majoring in government and political science. He has earned 11 college credits from Paul Smith’s College.
• Lindsey Remington, daughter of Troy and Diana Remington, has earned a 91.04 GPA. Winner of the baking component at Paul Smith’s College Cooking for Scholarships competition, she will use her award to pursue the school's baking and pastry arts program.
• Nicole Neadom, daughter of Russell and Brenda Neadom, has earned a cumulative GPA of 90.04. She plans to pursue a degree in the health sciences, beginning with her liberal arts and sciences program at Canton College this fall. She earned North Country Community College credits through the allied health program at Northwest Technical Center.