House a total loss in Hopkinton fire
Tuesday, December 7, 2010 - 12:48 pm

HOPKINTON – A house at 93 Sheldon Road is a complete loss following a fire caused by improperly disposed ashes occurred there Tuesday morning, according to St. Lawrence County Fire Investigators.

The Hopkinton-Ft. Jackson Fire Departments and Tri-Town Rescue responded to the blaze at the home owned by Steven Spence at 9:47 a.m. Mutual aid was given by Nicholville, Parishville, Lawrenceville and North Lawrence fire departments.

There were no injuries reported. Three people live in the structure, including Spence, investigators report.