As snow fell across the county Wednesday, state police responded to numerous accidents in Owegatchie, Potsdam, Stockholm, Lisbon, Hammond, Gouverneur, Louisville, Massena and Waddington.
More than three inches of wet, heavy snow blanketed much of St. Lawrence County, making for slippery, treacherous driving on many roads.
• POTSDAM – Canton-based state police responded to an accident Wednesday at 5:35 p.m. on US Highway 11 near the Cowan Road.
Jeremy L. White. 19, of Potsdam was the driver.
Troopers reported no injuries.
Troopers also responded to accidents in Potsdam at 4:15 p.m., but details on the incident were not immediately provided in the police blotter
• GOUVERNEUR – Gouverneur-based state police investigated an accident on County Route 9 near Stammer Road at 3:49 p.m. Wednesday.
Cody J. Leech, 19, of Gouverneur was the driver.
No injuries were reported.
An additional property damage accident was reported in Gouverneur at 3:36 a.m., but details were not available.
Other accidents reported by troopers included:
• STOCKHOLM -- Canton-based state police responded to a personal injury accident in Stockholm at 6:50 p.m. Details on the incident were not included in the police blotter, but troopers said the investigation was closed.
• OSWEGATCHIE – Canton-based Police responded to a property damage accident in Oswegatchie at 3:45 p.m.
• LISBON – Ogdensburg-based state police responded to a property damage accident in Lisbon at 1:39 p.m. Troopers also reported a property damage accident in the same town at 7:36 p.m.
• HAMMOND – Ogdensburg-based state police investigated a property damage accident in Hammond at 4:28 p.m.
• LOUISVILLE – Massena-based state police responded to property damage accidents in Louisville at 1:11 p.m., 3:27 p.m. and 5:49 p.m.
• MASSENA – Massena-based state police investigated an accident at 1:53 p.m. in the Town of Massena.
• WADDINGTON – Massena-based state police investigated a property damage accident in Waddington at 5:49 p.m.
Troopers also reported several disabled vehicles.