A hazardous weather outlook has been issued for northern St. Lawrence County due to expected high winds and frigid temperatures by the National Weather Service.
Wind gusts of up to 30 or 40 miles per hour, combined with clear skies may lead to wind chill readings as low as 20 degrees below zero tonight, the service warns.
The frigid temperatures are likely to prevail after midnight tonight through the early morning hours Monday. The wind is expected to dissipate by Monday afternoon, the service says.
Today will be sunny with a high of 13 degrees, followed by more sun and slightly warmer temperatures in the low 20s tomorrow, the weather service continues.
Tuesday temperatures will continue to warm up to the high 30s, leading to mixed snow and sleet, according to the service. The mixed precipitation will transition into snow Tuesday night and continue through Wednesday, the service says.
The full forecast is listed below. For up to date weather information for your area visit our weather page.
• Today: Sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -10. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
• Tonight: Clear, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -15. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• Monday: Sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -16. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
• Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Light and variable wind becoming east around 6 mph after midnight.
• Tuesday: Snow and sleet likely before 1pm, then rain and snow likely between 1pm and 4pm, then rain likely after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. East wind 8 to 13 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
• Tuesday Night: A chance of snow after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
• Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 6. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
• Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
• Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
• Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
• Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon.