Updated 7:13 a.m. Thursday
A cold front will bring some relief from hot, humid weather Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
The cold front is expected to move through the St. Lawrence Valley Thursday night, leaving cool weather and lingering showers Friday, the service says.
High pressure will bring cool, dry weather into the area just in time for the weekend, the service says.
For up-to-date weather resources visit our weather page at northcountrynow.com/weather.
The full forecast follows:
• Thursday: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 76. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
• Thursday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 7pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 7pm and 8pm, then a chance of showers after 8pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
• Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers before 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. West wind around 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
• Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
• Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
• Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. South wind 6 to 10 mph.
• Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
• Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
• Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 40. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
• Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
• Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Light southwest wind.
• Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 66. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon.