Gouverneur, Russell residents charged with selling alcohol to minor in underage drinking sting; 9 stores refuse sale
New York State Police recently charged Gouverneur and Russell residents in an underage drinking detail in St. Lawrence County.
An underage volunteer, supervised by a trooper, attempted to purchase alcohol using an unaltered New York State driver's license as identification.The volunteer attempted to buy alcohol at 11 retail stores, resulting in the arrest of two employees.
Merissa A. Erdman, Gouverneur, was arrested for selling alcohol to a minor at The Last Lap, 166 Main St. Edwards. Erdman was issued an appearance ticket, according to state police.
Lloyd A. Mayville, Russell, was also charged for selling alcohol to a minor, police said. Mayville was charged at Pour Ole Satch’s, 1156 CR-17 and issued an appearance ticket, police said.
The following stores refused the sale of alcohol to a minor:
• Parkway Express, 3681 ST-37, Morristown, NY
• Echoes On The Lake, 3301 CR-6, Hammond, NY
• Brasie Corners Country Store, 6641 ST-58, Gouverneur, NY
• Nice and Easy, 238 W. Main St., Gouverneur, NY
• Sugar Creek, 130 E. Main St., Gouverneur, NY
• Stewart’s Shop, 242 E. Main St., Gouverneur, NY
• Bob’s Market, 1461 CR-22, Gouverneur, NY
• Wood’s Family Grocery, 164 Main St., Edwards, NY
• Wayside Tavern, 135 CR-17, Russell, NY