Gouverneur home damaged in electrical fire Sunday
Monday, December 13, 2010 - 5:00 pm

GOUVERNEUR – A Gouverneur home suffered damage to a laundry room in a fire Sunday afternoon.

The Richville Fire Department responded at 12:26 p.m. to a report of a fire at the home of Nicole DePomp at 473 Welch Road, owned by Jackie Tarus.

Firefighters report there was moderate damage in the laundry room after an extension cord failed.

Firefighters are credited with saving the structure.

Richville firefighters were back in service at 1:33 p.m. They were aided at the scene by Gouverneur Rescue, and firefighters from Gouverneur, Heuvelton and DeKalb Junction; standing by were the Rensselaer Falls and Lisbon departments.

No one was hurt. The structure is insured.

The Emergency Services Department report says “good attack by all depts involved saved structure.”