Funeral arrangements have been finalized for the four members of a Lawrence family and a friend killed when a tractor-trailer rear-ended a line of cars on State Route 11 in Antwerp Thursday morning.
State police say a 2012 Volvo tractor-trailer, driven by 45-year-old, James A. Mills Jr. of Myerstown, Penn., was southbound when it rear-ended several vehicles from behind who were either slowing down or stopped in the construction zone just south of Dickson Road.
Calling hours for Laurie M. Dana, 42, daughters Caitlyn, 14 and Lauryn, 11, and her mother-in-law, Janet Dana, 69, will be held Monday, July 23, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 at Flint Funeral Home in Brushton. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. at St. Mary’s Church Brushton with the Rev. Christopher Looby celebrating and the Rev. Gerry Giroux con-celebrating the mass.
Calling hours for Shannon Planty, 14, a friend of Catelyn, will be Tuesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Flint Funeral Home. Shannon’s Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated Wednesday at 11 a.m. at St. Mary’s Church, with the Rev. Christopher Looby presiding. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery.
• Obituary for Laurie M. Dana is at http://northcountrynow.com/obituaries/laurie-dana-42-north-lawrence
• Obituary for Janet Dana is at http://northcountrynow.com/obituaries/janet-p-dana-69-north-lawrence
• Obituary for Caitlyn Dana is at http://northcountrynow.com/obituaries/caitlyn-o-dana-14-lawrence
• Obituary for Lauryn Dana is at http://northcountrynow.com/obituaries/lauryn-e-dana-11-north-lawrence
• Obituary for Shannon Planty, http://northcountrynow.com/obituaries/shannon-m-planty-14-dickinson-center
The preliminary investigation indicates the tractor-trailer struck at least three vehicles, including:
• a 2007 Subaru Forester, driven by 59-year-old, Maryann D. Gregory from 1487 State Route 11B, Dickinson Center, who was transported to E.J. Noble Hospital in Gouverneur, for severe head and chest injuries and later died from her injuries.
• a 2012 Toyota RAV 4, driven by Laurie M. Dana, of 11858 U.S. HWY 11 in Lawrence, who, along with passengers Catelyn Dana, 14, Lauren Dana, 11, Janet Dana, 69. and Shannon Planty, 14, who were all killed in the crash.
• a 2009 Ford F350 NYS Deprtment of Transportation truck, driven by 44-year-old, Lewis L. Lottie Jr. from Nicholville, who was transported by LifeNet Helicopter to University Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse for head and chest trauma. He was listed in critical condition.
The traffic on State Route 11 was being stopped due to a repaving project being performed by Barrett Paving.
A section of Route 11 remains closed, from County Route 24 to the south and the Fox Ranch Road to the north while the State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit investigates the crash scene.
State Police were assisted at the scene by the Jefferson County Fire Coordinator's Office, Antwerp Fire Department, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and the Jefferson County District Attorneys Office.