Four fire departments respond to Newton Falls chimney fire that destroyed home
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:07 am

NEWTON FALLS – Four people are displaced after a chimney fire destroyed their home Monday night.

St. Lawrence County fire investigators said the residence, located at 29 Front Street, was owned by Kimberly O’Connor and was occupied by three others. Names of the other occupants were not released.

Newton Falls firefighters and Star Lake rescuers responded to the call at about 7 p.m.

Firefighters from Star Lake, Cranberry Lake and Fine were also called to the scene. Investigators reported the blaze was extinguished by 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Piercefield, Harrisville, Edwards and Natural Bridge firefighters were on stand by.

Investigators said the fire was believed to have originated from a woodstove chimney.

No one was injured during the blaze, but investigators said the home was not insured.