Five people homeless following grease fire in DeKalb
DEKALB – Five people were left homeless following a grease fire at 2974 County Route 17 on Sunday afternoon, according to St. Lawrence County Fire Investigators.
Dekalb Junction fire and rescue members responded at 3:13 p.m. but were reportedly unable to save the residence.Officials say no one was injured and the home was insured.
The house was reportedly owned and occupied by Aaron and Laura Bishop.
Firefighters from Richville, Hermon, Rensselaer Falls, Canton, Gouverneur and Heuvelton provided mutual aid.