Five Ogdensburg-area bartenders charged with serving alcohol to minors during underage 'sting'
Bartenders in five Ogdensburg-area establishments were charged with serving alcohol to a minor Sunday when state police conducted an Underage Drinking Initiative operation during the afternoon and evening hours.
An 18-year-old operative was used and attempted to purchase alcohol in 13 establishments, doing so successfully in five of them.The following were arrested under the State Alcohol and Beverage Law for selling alcohol to a minor.
They were all issued appearance tickets in the appropriate town court as indicated.
• At Perry's Place, State Rt. 68 in the Town of Oswegatchie, Amanda Gordon, 36, of Ogdensburg is scheduled to appear Sept. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
• At the Paddle Inn, County Rt. 6 in Morristown, Robin Greenley, 46, of Hammond is scheduled to appear Sept. 22 at 4 p.m.
• Also in Morristown at Turner's Inn, State Rt. 58, Andrea Turner, 38, of Morristown is scheduled to appear Sept. 22 at 4 p.m.
• At DaVinci's on Ford Street in the city of Ogdensburg, Jason Sias, 34, of Ogdensburg, is scheduled to appear in City Court on Sept. 27 at 9 a.m.
• Also in Ogdensburg, at Kozy's Tavern on New York Ave., Kevin Rickett, 39, of Ogdensburg is scheduled to appear on Sept. 27 at 9 a.m.
The eight establishments that refused to sell to the minor will be sent notices of appreciation for their compliance.