Firefighters merit 'good save' on Hannawa house where attached garage burned
Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:42 am

HANNAWA FALLS – A garage was destroyed and the attached house damaged when a chimney malfunction started a blaze in Hannawa Falls last week.

The property, at 14 Underhill Rd., is owned by Kelly Bush and is insured, according to investigators.

Four people were reportedly in the house on the morning of March 22 when the fire broke out. No one was reported hurt.

The Hannawa Falls Fire Department was called out at 6:40 a.m. and were back at the station at 9:35.

Mutual aid was provided by Colton, Pierrepont and Potsdam volunteers. Parishville firefighters were on standby.

Investigators credited the Hannawa Falls pump operator and Colton Fire Chief Bill Smith with