Fire caused by overheated woodstove causes an estimated $75,000 in damages to Lawrence home
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 6:21 am

LAWRENCE –An overheated woodstove and chimney is blamed for a fire on Monday that caused severe damage to a home occupied by three people at 11449 U.S. Highway 11, according to St. Lawrence County Fire Investigators.

Lawrenceville Fire Department and Tri-town rescue responded to the fire at 2:03 p.m., investigators said.

The house is reportedly owned by Richard Dalicourt, officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damage but the house is insured, investigators said.

No injuries were reported.

Mutual aid was provided by North Lawrence, Nicholville, Brasher-Winthrop, Hopkinton-Fort Jackson, and Moira fire departments, officials said.

State police assisted with traffic control and National Grid was notified of the fire, investigators said.