Faulty wire blamed for Fine house fire Monday
Monday, September 30, 2013 - 5:08 pm

FINE -- A faulty electrical wire was blamed for a house fire at 12:47 p.m. today at 661 Oswegatchie Trail Road, according to St. Lawrence County fire investigators.

Firefighters from Star Lake, Newton Falls, Fine and Cranberry Lake, responded to the home owned by Jeff Corbine Sr., after Kathy Corbine woke to the sound of smoke alarms.

Investigators said Corbine attempted to go down the hallway without success and exited through a bedroom window.

The home was insured and no injuries were reported.

Firefighters were back in service at 2:30 p.m. The fire apparently started from an electrical wire in the living room wall.