HAMMOND — Four people received Red Cross assistance following a house fire Wednesday, May 17.
The fire took place at 307 Lake Street in Hammond.
Red Cross provided financial assistance for food and clothing to two adults and two children, ages 10 and 14.
Volunteers also offered emotional support and comfort kits containing personal care items.
WWNY reports that the fire started in the kitchen, but it was still under investigation. For more, see story.
In the coming days, Red Cross staff and volunteers will remain available to help those affected by the fire as they navigate the road to recovery.
To join the Red Cross as a disaster responder, visit www.redcross.org/volunteer, enter your home zip code and select “Disaster Services” as your area of interest. Local volunteers are needed now to help the Red Cross provide disaster relief across the North Country.