Electrical fire destroys garage in Morristown
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 6:06 am

Firefighters on scene at the fire on Scotch Bsh Road.

MORRISTOWN — An electrical fire destroyed a garage on Scotch Bush Road on Tuesday evening, according to Morristown Fire Chief Kevin Crosby.

The fire at 460 Scotch Bush Road was reported at 5:56 p.m. with crews on scene 10 minutes later.

About 20 firefighters from Morristown, Heuvelton and Brier Hill responded, along with rescue personal, Crosby said.

The two-story garage was fully engulfed in flames upon arrival and the structure is a complete loss, he said.

The building was owned by John Gilmour and was not insured.

One firefighter suffered a minor injury to his hand, Crosby said.