COLTON – Eight North Country residents were arrested Wednesday after an investigation of a dozen stolen guns from a garage in April of 2013, according to state police.
Troopers say they responded to a reported burglary on the Leary Road on April 14 and discovered that a gun safe, located in a garage, had been forcibly entered and three hand guns and nine long guns were stolen.
Those charged included:
• Austin B. Villnave, 19, Massena, was charged with third-degree burglary, third-degree criminal possession of a weapon and criminal sale of a firearm, all felonies.
• Andrew R. Jensen, 19, Waddington; was charged with third-degree burglary, felony.
• Deshelia R. Thomas-Jandrew, 38, Massena, was charged with third-degree burglary, felony.
• Justin P. Love, 23, Massena, was charged with third-degree burglary, felony.
• Eric J. Deshane, 20, Massena; was charged with third-degree burglary, felony.
• Rodney J. Deshane Jr., 23, Brasher Falls;, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felony.
• Jose Luzunaris, 25, North Lawrence, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felony.
• Jason J. Dennis, 35, North Lawrence; was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen Property, felony.
State Police determined the stolen guns had been sold or were in the process of being sold. To date, six of the 12 guns have been recovered.
The following guns have still not been recovered:
• Ruger .22 caliber single 6, serial #365154
• Unknown make .22 caliber single 6, approximately 50 to 60 years old and may be painted black
• Remington 270 cal with Leopold Scope, serial #C6596611
• Ruger model 1022 with Tasco Scope, serial #235-33351
• Winchestermodel 255, .22 mag, serial #613868
• ARMI Sport Italy Black Powder, serial #49065
If any member of the public has any of these guns in their possession, they may turn them in at the state police station in Canton without penalty.
Anyone with information about the investigation may also contact Christopher Nye, investigator, at 379-0012.