Cold snap to end Friday morning, slightly warmer weather and light snow expected
The recent cold snap is expected to retreat Friday, with a forecasted high of 33 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Snow showers will most likely accompany the warmer temperature, however.
This evening, the weather service predicts a 30 percent chance of light snow showers, with a high of around nine degrees, although wind chills will remain in the negatives. Total snow accumulation is expected to be less than an inch over the course of the night.The temperature is expected to reach 21 degrees by 5 a.m. Friday, before reaching the low 30s later in the day, the weather service says. Snow showers are likely to continue Friday, particularly between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Accumulation of between one and two inches is possible, according to the service. Winds as high as 37 miles per hour are also anticipated.
While the temperature is expected to drop again over the weekend, it is forecasted to remain in the high teens through Saturday, rounding back into the high 20s on Sunday. Light snow showers are also expected to continue Sunday, although sun is expected Saturday, says the National Weather Service.
For up-to-date weather information visit the NorthCountrynow.com Weather Page at http://northcountrynow.com/weather.
The full seven-day forecast is listed below:
• Late Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -3. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Tonight: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 21 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -5. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
• Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly between 11am and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
• Friday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southwest wind 8 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
• Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. West wind 5 to 11 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
• Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
• Sunday: Snow showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Sunday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
• Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
• Monday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 17.
• Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
• Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
• Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
• Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
• Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.