Cloudy skies this week in North Country, and warming to the 70s
Sunday, October 7, 2018 - 10:47 am

 The drizzle this morning in St. Lawrence County will peter out this afternoon but cloudy skies will remain, the National Weather Service says.

A warming trend will produce temperatures into the 70s by mid-week, according to the forecast.

Clouds will persist for most of the week with a 30 percent chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday, increasing to 70 percent Wednesday night and 90 percent Thursday, the current forecast says.

Temperatures will be to the mid 50s today, in the mid 40s tonight, with readings of around 60 Monday and rising into the 70s on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:

• Today: Areas of drizzle with a slight chance of light rain before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 56. North wind 6 to 8 mph.

• Tonight: Cloudy, with a low around 43. Light north wind.

• Columbus Day: Cloudy, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the morning.

• Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. East wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south after midnight.

• Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of showers after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 75. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

• Tuesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind around 9 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

• Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Southwest wind around 8 mph.

• Wednesday Night: Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

• Thursday: Showers. High near 69. South wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

• Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind around 11 mph.

• Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind around 11 mph.

• Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind 6 to 9 mph.

• Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. West wind 5 to 8 mph.