Skies in the North Country will remain cloudy through Thursday with a slight chance of snow before the sun emerges on Friday.
As a major late winter storm makes its way through the Middle Atlantic states to our south, counter-clockwise flow from that storm will bring maritime moisture westward into the North Country tonight, but not enough to cause problems for us, according to the National Weather Service.
Late Thursday afternoon into Thursday night, an upper-level disturbance will draw additional maritime moisture westward with a 20 to 30 percent chance of some wet snow in the northern Adirondacks and into the St. Lawrence Valley.
The weekend outlook: mostly clear skies and warmer.
You can stay on top of weather details through the info at NorthCountryNow.com/weather.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Tonight: Cloudy, with a low around 24. Northeast wind 7 to 14 mph.
• Thursday: A 20 percent chance of snow after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph.
• Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Northeast wind around 9 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
• Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
• Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Calm wind.
• Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning.
• Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Light south wind.
• Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 46. South wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
• Sunday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
• Monday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
• Monday Night: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Tuesday: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. East wind 6 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
• Tuesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 24. North wind around 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
• Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.