Sunny skies and warm temperatures today and tomorrow in St. Lawrence County present an inviting weekend of outdoor activities for people in the North Country.
High temperatures today will be in the mid-70s to near 80, and in the low 80s Sunday, with clear skies and lows around 53 tonight, according to the National Weather Service.
Clear skies are predicted by the NWS right through Tuesday with highs in the mid-80s and Sunday night lows around 58 and lows Monday and Tuesday night around 63.
Winds are not expected to get stronger than 10 mph through the period.
Some clouds will move in Tuesday night and a 30 percent chance of rain is predicted for Wednesday night and Thursday.
You can check the forecast, current radar, and satellite shots from around the world through the NorthCountryNow.com weather page.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Today Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Northeast wind around 6 mph.
• Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Calm wind.
• Sunday Sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon.
• Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Calm wind.
• Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
• Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 63. South wind around 5 mph.
• Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
• Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
• Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
• Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Thursday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind.
• Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Light west wind.
• Friday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.