Partly to mostly cloudy skies today and tonight will permit some view of a clear sky, as clearing continues into next week.
A weak area of high pressure building over the North Country will give the region a break from persistent cloudiness and occasional snow showers, with daytime temperatures rising a little next week, according to the latest National Weather Service forecast.
Highs today and tomorrow will rise into the mid-30s, with overnight lows around 20, before daytime highs reach the 40s and overnight lows in the 20s into next week.
You can keep a “weather eye” on conditions here and around the country through our weather page at http:\\www.NorthCountryNow.com/weather.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind around 16 mph.
• Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
• Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
• Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
• Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
• Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
• Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
• Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind around 6 mph.
• Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
• Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.