Clear skies and moderate temperatures spell great outdoor weekend for St. Lawrence County
The weather forecast looks quite favorable for outdoor activity in the North Country this weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
Clear skies, moderate winds, highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s will prevail on Saturday and Sunday in the St. Lawrence Valley, before some clouds move in Sunday night and the chance of rain increases on Monday and Tuesday, the NWS predicts.They do say there is a slight chance of a shower or two over the mountains this afternoon, but they won't last long if they materialize at all. And due to the elevation in the mountains and clear skies, the low temps tonight and Saturday night could drop into the 30s there.
With the clouds early next week, daytime high temperatures will likely return to the 80s.
There is lots of weather info and access to a variety of resources on our weather page.
The NWS forecast for the St. Lawrence Valley and northwestern Adirondacks:
• This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 73. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
• Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. Calm wind.
• Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
• Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 47. Calm wind.
• Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
• Sunday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 56. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Monday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
• Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
• Tuesday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
• Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
• Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind becoming south around 5 mph in the morning.
• Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Light and variable wind.
• Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.