CANTON -- The Zonta Club is accepting applications for its 2013 scholarships.
The Club accepts scholarship applications from students attending Canton Central School, Norwood Norfolk Central School, Madrid Waddington Central School, Potsdam Central School, Colton Pierrepont Central School, Parishville Hopkinton Central School Gouverneur Central School, Massena Central School and Edwards Knox Central School.
Applications are available at any of the Guidance Offices or by contacting Penny Pitts, 38 Goodrich Street, Canton, NY, 13617, email [email protected] or 379-0977.
Available scholarships are:
• The Canton Zonta Club Jean M. Coons Humanitarian Award: A $400 scholarship given to a junior or senior for outstanding community service. Academic achievement is NOT a factor in selecting a winner. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is Mar. 1.
• The Canton Zonta Scholarship: A $400 scholarship given in memory of a former Zonta Club member to a deserving graduating senior with a distinguished academic record. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is Apr. 30.
• Young Women in Public Affairs: A $300 scholarship given in memory of a former Zonta Club member to a senior woman who will enter a four year college and seek a career in policy making, government, or a volunteer organization. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is Mar. 1.
• Millie Post Scholarship: A $400 scholarship awarded in memory of a former Zonta Club member to a graduating senior showing good leadership skills and dedication to service. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is Apr. 30.
• Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship: A scholarship open to women around the world to be used at any college/university/institute for the third or fourth year of study in an accredited program that will result in a business degree. There are 6 grants given internationally in the amount of $5,000 each. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is May 31.
• SUNY Canton College Scholarship: A $500 scholarship given in memory of two former Zonta Club members to a single parent who is enrolled at SUNY Canton with a goal of and progress toward earning a college degree. The winner should plan to attend the Club’s June meeting if possible. Zonta Scholarship Committee deadline is Apr. 1 so that the winner receives notification at the college’s May graduation.