Canton Library launching summer reading program 'Libraries ROCK!'
CANTON -- The Canton Free Library’s Summer Library Program, themed “Libraries ROCK!” will begin the second week of July and continue for four weeks.
Children ages newborn-12 years are invited to register to attend for great books, crafts, games, music, and lots of summertime fun.The schedule for programs will be:
• Newborn-17 months with a caregiver meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays.
• 18- 35 months with a caregiver meet at 10 a.m. on Thursdays.
• 3- and 4-year-olds with a caregiver meet on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• 5- and 6-year-olds meet on Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• 7- and 8-year-olds meet on Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
• 9- to 12-year-olds meet on Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
• Special all-ages events on Thursdays at 2 p.m., as well as a special Monday and Friday event. This year storyteller and musician Tom Seiling will entertain at a “Books at the Beach” event at Taylor Park. The Annual Summer Library Pet Show is also planned, as well as Didgeridoo Down Under, and a visit by Daniel Tiger.
Registration for all age group sessions, with the exception of newborn to 17-month-olds, is required and space is limited.
Visit https://www.cantonfreelibrary.org/children/summer or drop by the Children’s Room at the library to pick up a calendar.