The following local residents were named to the dean's list for the Spring 2010 semester at the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh:
• Dawn M. McCallen, of Brasher Falls, N.Y., medical technology
• Andrew J Snider, of Brasher Falls, N.Y., psychology
• Michael Ryan Bicknell, of Potsdam, N.Y., history
• Whitney Elizabeth Lashomb, of Potsdam, N.Y., social work
• Kaylie Elizabeth Mousaw, of Potsdam, N.Y., psychology
• Jeffrey Allen Sevey, of Potsdam, N.Y., history
• Kaeley Olivia Tischler, of Potsdam, N.Y., human development family relations
• Emily Jill Kinnear, of Winthrop, N.Y., anthropology
To be eligible for the dean's list, a student must achieve a minimum 3.5 semester grade point average with at least 12 credit hours.
A part time, matriculated student is also eligible for the dean's list after accruing 12 credit hours consecutively and achieving a minimum 3.5 semester grade point average. These credits may be accumulated in more than one semester.
"We see these students as our academic all stars," said Dr. John Ettling, SUNY Plattsburgh president. "Their caliber is evident. Through their efforts and with the help of our dedicated faculty, they continue to make us proud, both in and out of the classroom."
SUNY Plattsburgh (www.plattsburgh.edu) was founded in 1889 as a teaching college and in 1948 became an original member of the State University of New York (SUNY).
Under Ettling, the four year comprehensive college now offers more than 60 majors and a wide range of special programs.
All of these are designed to prepare graduates for professional life and advanced studies through a foundation in liberal arts and an experience that celebrates excellence, ethical values, lifelong learning and responsible citizenship in a global community.