Brasher family rendered homeless by fire started by kerosene heater
Monday, December 10, 2012 - 11:38 am

BRASHER -- A Brasher family is homeless following an incident involving a kerosene heate that destroyed their home, according to Helena Volunteer Fire Department.

Helena, Brahser-Winthrop and North Lawrence firefighters responded to a fire at 2505, County Route 55 at 8:10 a.m. Monday morning.

The Tri-town rescue squad responded to the scene, but no injuries were reported.

Firefighters said the property was owned by Justin Soulia and occupied by a family of five.

The home was not insured.

Helena firefighters said the blaze stemmed from a kerosene heater.

Firefighters returned to service at 10:52 a.m.

The American Red Cross was notified and will be accepting donations on the family's behalf.

To donate visit 73 Market St. Potsdam, or call 268-0102.