Blaze caused by wood stove causes minor damage to garage in Louisville
Wednesday, November 6, 2013 - 6:07 am

LOUISVILLE – A fire caused by a wood stove caused minor damage to a garage at 14004 State Highway 37 Tuesday night, according to St. Lawrence County Fire Investigstors.

Louisville Fire Department responded to the fire at 3:59 p.m. with assistance from Massena rescue., fire officials said.

A quick response by firefighters kept the damage to a minimum, said investigators.

The garage is reportedly owned by Harry Zobel and it was not clear if the building was insured, officials said.

Investigators said mutual aid was provided by Massena and Waddington fire departments.