Bad weather and slippery roads contributed to numerous motor vehicle accidents Tuesday across the county, including a personal injury accident.
State police report one person was injured as the result of a one-vehicle accident at 4:55 p.m. Tuesday on the Tracy Road near the Dandy Road.
The driver of the vehicle was Lou E. Smithers, 53, Madrid.
According to Potsdam Village Police, Grant H. Richards, 18, of Jay, Maine, was charged with speed not reasonable and prudent and failure to keep right after he allegedly lost control of his vehicle on the Clarkson Cross Campus Drive and slid into a Potsdam Police Department vehicle’s lane of traffic, striking the driver’s side door. No one was injured. He was issued tickets returnable to Potsdam Village Court on Feb. 17.
The following were in property damage accidents Tuesday:
• Devon C. Butler, 30, Colton, and a motorist who left the scene of the accident, at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday on N. Main Street near Morton Street, Potsdam.
• Jeffery William Dow, 55, Owls Head, and David F. Selkirk, 23, Moira, at 11:32 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Co. Rt. 52 and Cemetery Road, Lawrence.
• Joseph E. Allen, 29, Ogdensburg, at 12:05 p.m. Tuesday on Old Northerner Road near Bush Road, DeKalb.
• Tabitha Kirkpatrick, 32, Gouverneur, at 7:49 a.m. Tuesday on Co. Rt. 22 near the Fowler Balmat Road, Fowler.
• Stefanie A. Cuthbert, 32, Madrid, at 11:43 a.m. Tuesday on Co. Rt. 30, Lisbon.
• Robin J. Todd, 50, Lisbon, at 8:07 Tuesday on St. Hwy 68, Oswegatchie.
• Joseph A. Sterling, 55, Canton, at 12:52 p.m. Tuesday on Co. Rt. 27 near the Calnon Road, Canton.