Saints men's tennis grounds Raptors, 8-1
Spencer Whitmire and Alec Roslin combined for a win at third doubles and posted straight-set victories in their singles matches to lead the St. Lawrence University men's tennis team to an 8-1 win over Bard in a Liberty League match at Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, on Saturday afternoon.
The duo didn't lose a game in their doubles match, and the Saints took a 3-0 lead going into singles competition. Whitmire cruised to a 6-1, 6-4 win at third singles, and Roslin won his fifth singles match 6-0, 7-6.Leo Romanetz also posted a pair of wins for the Saints, pairing with Eric Tecce for a win at first doubles and dominating his opponent at second singles, 6-1, 6-0.
1. Satchel Fisher (Bard) def. Eric Tecce, 6-3, 6-4
2. Leo Romanetz (SLU) def. Aiden Velasco, 6-1, 6-0
3. Spencer Whitmire (SLU) def. Nicholas George, 6-1, 6-4
4. Andrew Mercorella (SLU) def. Zayd Normand, 6-0, 6-0
5. Alec Roslin (SLU) def. Isaac Rosenthal, 6-0, 7-6 (3)
6. Jordan Mamelak (SLU) def. Haris Talwar, 6-1, 6-0
1. Tecce/Romanetz (SLU) def. Fisher/Velasco, 9-8 (4)
2. Arman Tavana/Joshua Marvald (SLU) def. George/Normand, 8-2
3. Roslin/Whitmire (SLU) def. Rosenthal/M. Robinson-Wrobel, 8-0
Records: St. Lawrence (6-9 overall, 2-4 Liberty League); Bard (1-7, 0-5).