Over 196 pounds of bass weighed in at NNY Bassmasters tournament in Waddington
WADDINGTON -- The Northern New York Bassmasters Team Club continued its 2010 tournament season Saturday with its fourth tournament of the season on the St. Lawrence River at the Waddington Town Launch.
The club weighed in over 196 pounds of mixed bag largemouth and smallmouth bass.The winning teams were:
• 1st - Fred Morrill and Jim Morgan, Gouverneur - 17.81 lbs.
• 2nd - Chuck Roach and Chris Roach, Heuvelton, - 16.12 lbs
• 3rd - Brad Paradis and Robert Paradis, Ogdensburg - 15.15 lbs.
• 4th - Bruce Lamite and Joey Dufrane, Malone - 14.61 lbs.
• Lunker Bass – Morrill and Morgan - 4.09-pound Smallmouth Bass
The club’s next tournament will be Aug. 7 at Cranberry Lake.
TEAM OF THE YEAR TOP 10 STANDINGS (32 teams total):
1. Roach, Roach – 794 points
2. Backus, Streeter – 792 points
3. Morrill, Morgan – 776 points
4. Moore, Moore – 773 points
5. Palmer, Narrow – 769 points
6.Ohearn, Marcum – 768 points
7.Redman, Kaulp – 767 points
8. Tessmer, Girard – 767 points
9. Paradis, Paradis – 764 points
10. D. Ott, Harry – 752 points
The Northern New York Bassmasters Club is made up of anglers from across the North Country and Canada. Tournaments for 2010 run from June 12 at Lake Champlain to September 26 on the St. Lawrence River in Waddington.
The club was founded in 2003, and is a non-profit organization set up to establish a team tournament series of events to further the enjoyment of local competitive bass fishing.
Boat limits are five bass, smallmouth and/or largemouth, and anglers can only use artificial lures. Live bait is prohibited.
Tournaments are open to only club members. Those interested can apply to join the Northern New York Bassmasters by paying the association's annual dues and an entry fee to enter a tournament.
For more information, visit www.northernnybassmastersclub.freehomepage.com