Seven drivers cited in Massena
MASSENA -- Village police say they recently charged seven motorists with traffic counts:
• An 18-year-old female from Norfolk was charged with unsafe backing at 12:15 p.m. Sunday at St. Regis Nursing Home.• Rosemarie S. Phillips, 64, of Highland Avenue, Massena was charged with unlicensed operator and failure to stop at a stop sign at 11:12 a.m. Sunday on Main Street.
• Joshua R. Tyo, 31, of county Route 17, Hermon was charged with inadequate brakelight at 11:03 a.m. Sunday at Walmart Supercenter, Stephanville Road.
• Jared R. Johnston, 29, of North Street, Madrid was charged with uninspected motor vehicle and speeding at 7:54 p.m. Saturday on Parker Avenue.
• Justin Cardinal, 27, of Belmont Courts, Ogdensburg was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation and inadequate signal: less than 100 feet from turn at 12:07 a.m. Saturday at South Main and East Hatfield streets.
• Charlene A. Wright, 51, of Andrews Street, Massena was charged with suspended registration at 7:38 a.m. Friday on Sherwood Avenue.
• Jacob D. Lashaw, 37, of county Route 47, Norwood was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, unlicensed operator, running a stop sign and inadequate signal: less than 100 feet from turn at 12:48 a.m. Friday on state Route 37.