POTSDAM -- Potsdam police said they charged five motorists with driving infractions on Thursday. Those charged included:
• Bryant M. Cotey, 29, Norwood, was cited for speed in zone on River Road at 4:13 p.m. after being observed driving 52 miles per hour in a 30 mph zone.
• Gregory J. Fiacco, 31, Parishville, was cited for speed in zone, uninspected motor vehicle and inadequate tail lamps on Market Street at 4:57 p.m. He was allegedly driving 42 mph in a 30 mph zone.
• Tia A. Bush, 26, Potsdam, was cited for operating a motor vehicle while using a mobile phone at 5:44 p.m. at the intersection of Elm Street and Lawrence Avenue.
• Rachel L. Ward, 27, Winthrop, was cited for operating a motor vehicle while using a mobile phone on Main Street at 7:24 p.m.
• Devin T. Matthie, 25, St. RegisFalls, was cited for inadequate tail lamps on Elm Street at 7:33 p.m.
All five subjects were cited and released.