To the Editor:
There has been such a great out pouring of love and support extended to me after the loss of my husband Ira, that I would like to express my gratitude to the many who have helped me during this very difficult time.
Many heartfelt thanks to the following:
• Ira received exceptional care from the staff at Halifax Health Hospitalist. Dr.Twethida Oung provided Ira with extraordinary care while he was at the cardiac emergency unit. Dr. Oung expressed sincere compassion and concern for Ira’s well–being. I will be forever grateful.
• Father Christopher “Chris” A. Hoffmann, pastor, Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, for giving me the strength to endure and reminding me about all the happy times and memories Ira and I have shared throughout our 53 years of marriage, until we meet again.
• Adam Wojciechowski, funeral director, Baggett & Summers, Lohman, Daytona Beach, Florida exhibited professionalism, and help coordinating, planning, and honoring my husband’s passing during this very difficult time.
• Dear friends William and Evelyn Hinkle, William and Fran MacFall, Randy and Debbie Patteen, and Al and Sharlene Fox and the entire staff at Colony in the Wood, as well as, all our friends and neighbors in Florida and Northern New York for their kind words, photos, cards, prayers, food, and daily phone calls.
• Don and Karyn, Ira’s brother and sister-in-law, for coming to our home, representing the Parks Family, bringing love, laughter, and sharing of treasured family memories. You are such a blessing at my time of grief. In addition, Ira’s sister, Rose and nephew Cory, and my two sisters, Phyllis and Sally have continually offer their love and support, which has meant more to me than I can express.
• My family for their endless daily love and support while sharing the same grief: our daughters, Terri and husband Brendan, Tracie and husband Tracy, Tuesday and husband Randy, and Tara and husband Matt, and our eight grandchildren. I pray for blessings for what all of you have done and continue to do.
Ira will live on in the hearts of all those who knew and loved him.
Linda Parks and the Ira Parks Family
Formerly of Potsdam