Scroll down the page for boat access sites and hunting and fishing license information.
Let's Go Fishin'
St. Lawrence Experience (Carp)
St. Lawrence River Walleye Association
Angler's Guide for St. Law. County from Wiseacre Gardens
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Fishing Regulations
All American Angler
Packbasket Adventures, Wanakena
Raquette River Rods, Potsdam
Sandy Cove Camps Fishing, Hunting & Archery
Basswood Hunting Lodge
Fish Black Lake
Northern New York Bass Masters Club
NY Fishing Records
Hilltop Hunting & Fishing Supplies, Canton
Wind Wings Hunt & Train
Selective Fish Harvesting
St. Lawrence International Junior Carp Tournament
Black Lake Fishing Hot Spots Map For Sale
Catch and Release Program, Selective Harvest
Natural Fish Kills
Yellow Fishing Kayak, St. Lawrence County site to kayak fishing
New York Fishing License Info
Ice Fishing Safety
Ice Fishing Equipment
Fish Stocking in St. Lawrence County
Jonesey's Riverside Ranch Club
Hunting in St. Lawrence County
Winterizing Your Fishing Rig
Tony C. Zappia: Focus on the Outdoors Fishing Tips
Reel and Line Tips
NY Hunting Regulations
Fishing in Black Lake
Fishing in Chippewa Bay
Fishing in Cranberry Lake
Fishing in Heuvelton and Oswegatchie River
Fishing the Oswegatchie River Headwaters
Fishing in Lake Ozonia
Fishing in Massawepie
Fishing in Massena
Fishing in Morristown
Fishing in Ogdensburg
Fishing in Star Lake
Fishing in the Grasse River
Fishing in the Raquette River
Fishing in the Raquette River Reservoirs
Fishing in Trout Lake
Fishing in Waddington
Fish Species of Black Lake
Locating Black Lake Fish
Black Lake Fish & Game Association.
Carp Anglers Group
NNY Boating Access Sites
St. Lawrence County offers a number of boating access sites operated by the State. A listing of the sites compiled by the New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation follows:
• Black Lake: Adjacent to Hammonds-Edwardsville County Road, two miles west of Edwardsville in Morristown, concrete launching ramp, parking for 55 cars and trailers.
• Bog River Flow: Off Route 421 south of Tupper Lake, hand launch, parking for eight cars, no motors permitted on the river.
• Cranberry Lake: Off Route 3, adjacent to the outlet dam in Cranberry Lake, hard surface launching ramp, parking for 55 cars and trailers.
• Grasse Lake, Rossie, off Butler Road, parking for five cars.
• Grasse River: On Route 68, 3 miles northwest of Canton, hard surface launching ramp suitable for canoes and small motor boats, parking for 14 cars and trailers. Off Butler Road, Rossie, beach launch, parking for 5 cars.
• Higley Flow State Park: Two miles west from Route 56, on Cold Brook Drive, South Colton, 15 miles south from Potsdam, concrete ramp, parking for 10 cars and trailers.
• Indian River: Off Co. Rt. 3, near Hall Road, hand launch, parking for 10 cars.
• Lake Ozonia: Off Lake Ozonia Road, 8 miles south of Route 72 in Hopkinton, hand launch, parking for 30 cars.
• Oswegatchie River: Near Town Road, 3 miles east of Star Lake and approximately 5 miles south of Route 3, hand launching, parking for 25 cars, no motors permitted. On Co. Route 24 in Edwards, hand launch, parking for 10 cars. Off Route 87 in Heuvelton, hard surface launching ramp, parking for 30 cars. Off County Route 58 above Village of Edwards, beach launch, parking for 5 cars.
• Portaferry Lake: Off Route 3, 9 miles northeast of Harrisville, hand launching, no motors, parking for 5 cars.
• St. Lawrence River: Cartier State Park, on River Road, 2 miles south of Morristown, flat rock ramp, parking for 10 cars and trailers. Brandy Brook, three miles north of Waddington on Route 37, hard surface ramp, parking for 10 cars and trailers. Coles Creek State Park, on Route 37 between Massena and Waddington, concrete ramp, parking for 15 cars and trailers. Willson Hill, one mile north of Route 37 on Route 131, between Louisville and Massena, concrete ramp, parking for 50 cars and trailers. Barnhart Island, Robert Moses State Park, north of Massena, concrete ramp, parking for 15 cars and trailers. Massena Intake, off Route 131, via Old River Road, 1 1/2 miles northwest of Massena, hard surface ramp, parking for 30 cars and trailers.
• St. Regis River: Brasher, off Co. Rt. 53, beach launch, parking for 5 cars.
• Star Lake: Fine, off NYS Rt. 3 in Star Lake, hand launch, parking for 5 cars, electric motors only.
• Sucker Lake: Fine, off Briggs Switch Road, beach launch, parking for 5 cars, electric motors only.
• Sylvia Lake: off Route 812 between Fowler and Balmat, beach launching, limited parking for 5 cars and trailers.
NNY Fishing & Hunting Licenses
HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES are available at most town municipal offices throughout St. Lawrence County, the state Department of Environmental Conservation, some local sport and recreation stores, or by calling 1-866-933-2257. Here are 2013 license fees for state residents and non-residents:
Fishing -- $29.00
1-Day Fishing -- $5.00
7-Day Fishing -- $15.00
Senior Fishing -- $5
Sportsman (big & small game hunting & fishing) -- $47.00
Senior Sportsman (big & small game hunting & fishing, age 70+) -- $10.00
Super Sportsman (Sportsman plus bow, muzzle & turkey hunting) -- $88.00
Small & Big Game Hunting -- $29.00
Small Game Hunting -- $26.00
Trapping -- $21.00
Senior Trapping (age 70+) -- $5
Junior Trapping -- $6.00
Turkey Permit (in addition to small game license) -- $10.00
Bowhunting (in addition to big game license)-- $21.00
Muzzleloading (in addition to big game license) -- $21.00
Junior Small Game (12 - 15 years) -- $5.00
Junior Bowhunting -- $9.00
Fishing -- $70.00
1-Day Fishing -- $15
7-Day Fishing -- $35.00
Small Game Hunting -- $85.00
Big Game Hunting -- $140.00
Junior Hunting -- $5.00
Bear Tag -- $50.00
Turkey Permit -- $50.00
Bowhunting (deer only) -- $140.00
Junior Bowhunting -- $9.00
Muzzleloading (deer only) -- $140.00
Super Sportsman -- $250.00
Trapping -- $310.00
License Year: October 1 - September 30. Big game license required to obtain bowhunting for muzzleloading stamps. Big game permits are for deer and bear.