SeaComm Federal Credit Union recently awarded students the Shirley J. Eagles Memorial Scholarships. Each student received a $500 scholarship. They are:
• Amber Stickney, daughter of Ronald and Terry Stickney, graduated valedictorian of her class while attending Norwood-Norfolk Central. Amber has been accepted to St. Lawrence University where she will study elementary education.
• Madison Stewart, daughter of Robert and Lisa Stewart of Norwood, concluded her high school career at Norwood-Norfolk Central with a grade point average of 91. Madison has been granted admission to SUNY Plattsburgh for the fall 2017 semester.
• Abbie Lashomb is the daughter of Tim and Michelle Lashomb of Massena. Abbie graduated from Massena Central with a grade point average of 90.39. She will be attending SUNY Potsdam in the fall, with a major in early childhood education.
• Marc Tessier, son of Michael and Elaine Tessier of Massena, is a graduate of Massena Central with a grade point average of 87.47. Marc has been accepted to Morrisville State College for the fall 2017 semester, where he will study agricultural mechanics.
• Abigail Elman, daughter of Robert and Mary Elman of Massena, graduated from Massena Central School as salutatorian, with a grade point average of 97.65. Abigail will be attending Nazareth College where she will major in mathematics in the fall.
• James Pinckney is the son of Michael Pinckney of Canton and a graduate of Hugh C. Williams Central School. James will continue his studies in diesel equipment technology while attending SUNY Morrisville in the fall of 2017, where he has received the Morrisville State College Dean’s Award.
• Amanda Mason, daughter of Alfred Mason II and Jo Mason of Colton, graduated from Parishville-Hopkinton Central School with a GPA of 95.71. Amanda has been accepted to SUNY Fredonia, where she will study the music industry beginning in the fall of 2017.