HERKIMER -- Ten St. Lawrence County residents are candidates for associate degrees and certificates this year at Herkimer County Community College and are eligible to participate in the college's 44th annual commencement ceremony on Friday, May 18.
Candidates listed with high honors earned a 3.80 average or higher as of the fall 2011 semester, and those with honors earned a 3.25 average or higher as of the fall 2011 semester.
Local residents include:
• Heather M. Adner of Norwood, AS in Business: Accounting (with high honors)
• Logan M. Fletcher of Lisbon, AA in Liberal Arts & Sciences: General Studies
• Cassie C. Gifford of Norwood, AAS in Photographic Technology
• Cole P. Hennessy of Colton, AS in Liberal Arts & Sciences: Physical Education
• Danielle Nicole Mullaney of Edwards, AS in Digital Filmmaking (with high honors)
• Mary Elizabeth Smith of Colton, Certificate in Medical Coding/Transcriptionist
• Angela M. Southworth of Massena, AA in Liberal Arts & Sciences: Social Science (with high honors)
• Heather Anderson Timmerman of Potsdam, Certificate in Medical Coding/Transcriptionist (with high honors)
• Michelle Lyn Varney of Canton, AA in Liberal Arts & Sciences: General Studies (with honors)
• Cassandra Lynn White of Gouverneur, AAS in Business: Business Administration
Herkimer County Community College is a unit of the State University of New York. With an enrollment of approximately 3,600 students, Herkimer offers more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs, on-campus housing, an active co-curricular activities schedule and a national championship athletic program.
For more information visit www.herkimer.edu.