Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center officials are crediting a participant in their Safe Sitter Program with saving his younger brother’s life. Nicholas Demers was recently dining out with his family and friends and noticed his younger brother William started to choke on food, CHMC said. Nicholas performed the Heimlich maneuver clearing most of the obstruction from William’s throat. When Nicholas was asked how he knew what to do, he attributed it to the Safe Sitter course he had taken in 2014 at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center. Above are William Demers, his father, Jason Demers, Nicholas Demers and Megan Murray, Safe Sitter instructor at Claxton-Hepburn.