Youtheatre: Class acts coming to O'burg, Gouverneur, Massena
A production of “We The People” is scheduled for this season’s Ogdensburg Command Performances Youtheatre. From left, Jamie LaVerdiere, Badia Farha, Colin Campbell McAdoo, and F. Michael Haynie. Photo submitted by Joan Marcus.
OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Command Performances Youtheatre: Class Acts 2018-19 season has been announced.Youtheatre will present a broad spectrum of artistic excellence in live, professional children’s theater this season with six performances, a total of 19 matinees, in four venues -- Ogdensburg Free Academy, Gouverneur Senior High School, Massena Senior High School, and Salmon River Central School.
The experience is available to all students in grades PreK through 12 from every school district in St. Lawrence County plus students from communities in surrounding counties.
Youtheatre performances meet New York State Learning Standards for English, Social Studies, and the Arts (theater, dance, and music).
To enable students to fully appreciate the performances, teachers are encouraged to incorporate the provided study guides into their curriculum.
The following performances are slated:
• New Rep Theatre’s production of “Animal Farm” on Oct. 16 at OFA, Oct. 17 at Salmon River, and Oct. 18 in Gouverneur for grades 9-12.
• TheatreWorksUSA’s production of “Dragons Love Tacos & Other Stories” on Oct. 22 at OFA, Oct. 23 at Gouverneur and Oct. 24 at Salmon River for grades PreK-3.
• TheatreWorksUSA’s production of “We the People” on Nov. 14 at OFA and Nov. 16 at Massena for grades 4-8.
• Virginia Rep Theatre’s production of “Patchwork: The Little House Life of Laura Ingalls Wilder” on Feb. 5 at OFA, Feb. 6 at Gouverneur, and Feb. 7 at Salmon River for grades 4-8
• Aquila Theatre’s production of “Frankenstein” on March 25 at OFA for grades 9-12.
• Virginia Rep Theatre’s production of “Stuart Little” on April 24 at OFA and April 25 at Massena for grades PreK-3
Packets of information were distributed to school districts the first week of September. Teachers are urged to make reservations for their students right away through their OCP liaison.