'Tuesdays with Morie,' 'Garfield Christmas,' 'Buddy Holly Story' in Ogdensburg Command Performance 2017-2018 shows
OGDENSBURG – Actor Jamie Farr in “Tuesdays with Morie,” “A Garfield Christmas” and “The Buddy Holly Story” are among the shows to be featured during the Ogdensburg Command Performance 2017-2018 season.
The upcoming season performances, staged in the George Hall Auditorium at Ogdensburg Free Academy, include comedy, world music, children's favorites, tributes to classic entertainers of years past and a healthy dose of musical theater standards.To order season tickets, call the box office at 315-393-2625.
Prices are $75 for upper balcony, $123 for lower balcony, $144 for second orchestra seat tier and $174 for first orchestra tier seating.
There is a discount for senior citizens older than 62 years and full time students younger than 22 years.
Additional discounts and special perks are available to those who join the Family and Friends group.
Tickets to individual shows go on sale Sept. 15, but can be ordered in advance by call the number above.
This year's performances include:
• "Tuesdays with Morie" on Oct. 31 at 7:45 p.m. with actor Jamie Farr, known for portraying Klinger from the tv series "M*A*S*H*."
• "A Garfield Christmas" on Dec. 19, at 7 p.m. A stage show based on the world's most widely syndicated comic strip.
• Drum Heart" on Feb. 7, 2018, at 7:45 p.m. featuring internationally acclaimed percussion artists showcasing the ancient art of Japanese drumming combines highly physical, large-scale drumming with contemporary costumes, precise choreography & innovative visuals.
• "Care Free: Dancin’ with Fred and Ginger" on March 2, 2018, at 7:45 p.m. An all new tribute – live on stage – to American cinemas’s most iconic dance duo, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
• Dublin's Irish Tenors and The Celtic Ladies, on March 18, 2018, at 4 p.m., these two groups will perform an evening of international hits, famous Irish classics, opera, pop & swing and some of the best nostalgic favorites of the 20th Century.
• "The Buddy Holly Story" on April 15, 2018, at 4 p.m. will tell the story of Buddy Holly through his short yet spectacular career, featuring hits like "Peggy Sue," "That'll Be The Day," "Not Fade Away," "Oh Boy," "La Bamba," "Chantilly Lace" and more.
• "Peter Pan: A 3D Stage Spectacular" on April 30, 2018 at 7:45 p.m. Based on the story by James M. Barrie of the boy who never grew up, with special effects never seen before, like holograms, video mapping, 3D glasses and Tinkerbell spreading fairy dust above the audience.
• "Embraceable You: The Music of George Gershwin" on May 18, 2018, at 7:45 p.m. with Dean and Lisa Balkwill, two of today's most talented young artists singing and dancing hits like "They Can't Take That Away From Me," "I Got Rhythm," "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" and more.