The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department is offering clinics for general and international travel immunizations, as well as HIV and STD testing. All clinics are by appointment only. Call 386-2325 to sign up or get more information.
General immunizations include DtaP, Tdap, Gardasil (a vaccine for HPV), IPV (polio vaccine), measles, mumps, rubella, Hib, pediatric hepatitis B, rotavirus, hepatitis A and varivax (chickenpox vaccine). On June 12 in Canton, seniors can get a shingles vaccine, whihc is billable to Medicare Part D.
• June 3 - Canton Human Services Center, 80 State Hwy. 310, Suite 2, Room 224
• June 9 - Gouverneur, Cambray Courts, 68 W. Main St.
• June 10 - Ogdensburg, Seaway Valley Prevention Council, 206 Ford St., third floor
• June 11 - Massena Community Center, 61 Beach St.
• June 12 - Canton Human Services Center
• June 16 - Potsdam, New Hope Community Church, 33 Grant St.
The international travel immunization clinic will be June 5 at the Canton Human Services Center. They are held on the first Thursday of each month. The public health department says appointments should be made at least six weeks ahead of travel plans.
HIV and STD testing and diagnosis is by appointment only, there are no regular dates.