MASSENA -- The St. Lawrence River Walleye Association is hosting their 4th Annual Smackdown walleye tournament in Massena on June 19.
Details of the event include:
1. Fishing Hours: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. In the water and inspected by 5:45 a.m.
2. Sign ups at The Ale House, Massena; Sandy’s Custom Tackle, Lisbon; and Natures Trophies Bait, Tackle, and Taxidermy, Waddington
3. All boats leave from Massena Intake
4. Entry fee is $60, $10 of which will go to big fish contest-100 percent payout.
5. If you sign up the morning of the tournament the entry fee will be $70.
6. A $10 conservation fee will be imposed unless both participants are members of the SLRWA.
7. Must be at Massena Intake no later than 3 p.m.
8. Scales are open from 12 to 3 p.m.
9. May weigh three fish per 2-person team.
10. Each team may weigh one walleye for Big Fish
11. In the event of a thunderstorm, lightning, or other severe weather, participants may pull into the nearest shoreline until it is safe to continue. In the event of severe weather conditions, Sunday June 20 will be the alternate date for the event.
12. All NYS and Ontario fishing regulations apply. Violators will be disqualified. It is your responsibility to know the laws.
13. It is your responsibility to know the law.
14. Fishing boundaries are Robert Moses Power Dam – Iroquois Dam
15. Anglers may not leave water without checking out and weighing walleye.
16. Contestants will conduct themselves in a sportsman-like, courteous, safe, and ethical manner at all times. Any unfavorable conduct or action by a contestant which could negatively reflect on the tournament will be grounds for disqualification or rejection of entry application.
17. The director, organizers or angler has the right to protest another team’s fairness. An official written protest along with $100 fee must be made within 30 minutes of completion of final weigh in. The fee will be returned if protest is found valid. Following interviews with concerned parties a ruling will be made. If not proven the SLRWA will keep the deposit.
18. No alcohol may be possessed or consumed during tournament hours.
19. Any Questions call Mike at 384-3450 or visit www.stlawrenceriverwalleyeassociation.com.