Red Cross blood drives planned across St. Lawrence County in March
The American Red Cross has scheduled several blood drives throughout the St. Lawrence County region. Donators can also make an appointment to donate blood by downloading the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
The following donation opportunities are scheduled:• March 16, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Harrisville Central School, 14371 Pirate Lane;
• March 19, from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Parishville-Hopkinton Central School, 12 County Road 47;
• March 20, from 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Ogdensburg Presbyterian Church, 423 Ford St.;
• March 21, from 12:30-5:30 p.m., Saint Lawrence Centre, 6100 State Route 37, Massena;
• March 27, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Potsdam High School, 29 Leroy St.;
• March 29, from 12:30-5:30 p.m., Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 21 Castle Dr., Potsdam.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
For more information, visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.