POTSDAM – Trinity Church of Potsdam will mark 175 years on Sunday, Sept. 26 with a service of choral evensong at 4 p.m. led by its rector, the Rev. Canon Christopher Brown, followed by a reception in the parish hall. The public is invited.
The parish founders included John C. and David L. Clarkson, members of Potsdam's founding family. The first resident priest was The Rev. Richard Bury. Bishop Benjamin Onderdonk of New York consecrated the red sandstone building on Aug. 7, 1836.
The parish name and style of the building were inspired by the Clarkson home parish of Trinity Church, New York City.