POTSDAM – Take a break from the heat and relive some of the Metropolitan Opera’s most amazing performances with Summer HD Encores, screening at Potsdam’s Roxy Theater in June and July.
Sponsored locally by SUNY Potsdam’s Crane School of Music and the Roxy Theatre, the series will present the most successful and popular operas from the Met’s past seasons in high definition and surround sound. All operas begin at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the Roxy Theater in downtown Potsdam. The productions are:
• “Aida,” starring Violetta Urmana, Johan Botha and Dolora Zajick, on June 16
• “Roméo et Juliette,” starring Anna Netrebko and Roberto Alagna, on June 23
• “Eugene Onegin,” starring Renée Fleming and Dmitri Hvorostovsky, on July 7
• “La Bohème,” starring Angela Gheorghiu and Ramon Vargas, on July 14
• “Turandot,” starring Maria Guleghina, Marina Poplavskaya and Marcello Giordani, on July 21
• “Carmen,” starring Elina Garanca and Roberto Alagna, on July 28.
Special summer ticket pricing: $13 for adults, $11 for senior citizens, $9 for students and $7 for ages 18 and under. Tickets are available at 267-2277; in person at the Community Performance Series Box Office, the Roxy Theater and Northern Music and Video in Potsdam; or online at www.cpspotsdam.org.