POTSDAM – The Potsdam Public Library, 2 Park St., will offer free computer, iPad, and business classes throughout March.
The schedule is as follows:
• March 3 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. an introduction to computers class will be held. Introduces participants to the basics of PC computers. Covers creation of files and folders, how and where to save them and other aspects of file management. The nature of computer data and how to copy from one document to another will also be included. Participants should be familiar with the keyboard and a mouse.
• March 4 from 10 a.m. to noon a tips and tricks for experienced iPad users will be held. This class will include such topics as downloading Ebooks, Bluetooth, spotlight search, control center, and problem solving as well as offering lots of time for questions.
• March 4 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. a business startup class will be held. The class covers the basics of how to start a business including ownership structure, tax filings, licensing, etc. The class will give you the basic facts you must know if you’re going to start and run a business, or if you’ve actually already started one and need a little help.
• March 6 from 1 to 3 p.m. an “Open Topic” day will be held. The choice of topic is up to the participants. Get questions answered about a computer, tablet, camera, smart phone, or other technology. Participants can sign up for a half hour individual lesson with a technology whiz and experience a lesson designed for them.
• March 7 from 1 to 3 p.m. a selling on Ebay class will be offered. Participants will learn how to buy, sell and navigate the website. To setup a Paypal account, come at 12:30 p.m. Bring your credit card or bank information to do so. Once complete, an eBay account will be setup and participants can start buying and selling.
• March 11 from 1 to 3 p.m. there will be an “Ask About Apple” class. In this workshop, technology coach Mary Simon will assist with any Apple products brought in, including iPhones, iPads, iPods and laptops. The goal is to help increase digital literacy to utilize a devices’ full potential.
• March 13 from 10 a.m. to noon a tips and tricks for experienced iPad users workshop will be held. The class will include such topics as downloading ebooks, Bluetooth, spotlight search, control center, and problems solving as well as offering time for questions.
• March 17 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. an “Introduction to Microsoft Word” class will be offered. Participants will learn the skills needed to construct a letter or other document and a table using Microsoft Word. The most useful components of the “Word” program will be discussed, including font style, color and size, setting margins, page orientation, line and paragraph spacing and shortcuts to bold, italic and underlined type. Pre-registration is required. Participants should be comfortable using a mouse and a keyboard.
To register, contact the computer center at 265-7230 or email@example.com.