Potsdam library hosting several June events
POTSDAM -- The Potsdam Public Library has the following events and programs planned for June 1-17.
The library children’s programs are run and/or organized by children’s librarian, Rebecca Donnelly. The programs are held in the mezzanine, the upstairs play space located at the back of the Potsdam Public Library.For more information email [email protected], or call 315-265-7230.
Scheduled children’s programs include:
• Art for Little Hands, Tuesday, June 5, 10 a.m., hands-on workshop for toddlers and preschoolers and their families, paints and clay, sponsored by a family literacy mini grant from North Country Library System. Register online at https://www.potsdamlibrary.org/node/513/register.
• Little Bees Family Storytime, Saturday, June 9, 10 a.m., for families with babies and toddlers with a story, rhymes and fingerplays, and play and socializing time.
Music of Culture programs with Len Mackey:
• Native Storytelling and Chanting, Saturday, June 9, noon in the library basement, featuring the story of The Vision of Grandfather Stalking Wolf. Participants will learn songs and the drum accompaniment pattern for each.
• Australian Didgeridoo, Saturday, June 9, noon in the library basement, story and performance, and then participants will be provided with a didgeridoo of their own and instructed on how to make music with the instrument.
Teen programs scheduled are:
• Summer Job Prep for High School Students in the Cleveland Center Group Lab, Tuesday, June 12, 10-11 a.m., and Thursday, June 14, noon-1 p.m., where teens will prepare resumes, learn to interview, job hunt and network techniques. Ages 14 and older are welcome. Email [email protected] for more information and to RSVP.