OGDENSBURG – Fifties pop, Motown R&B, a TV icon, and a couple of Broadway staples are among the offerings in the 2010-11 Ogdensburg Command Performances series lineup, running Oct. 4 through May 20 in the Ogdensburg Free Academy George Hall auditorium.
Season and single tickets can be purchased at www.ilovetheater.org or at the box office 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. The curtain rises at 7:45 p.m.
This year’s schedule:
• Forever Plaid, Monday, Oct. 4, a feel-good musical for the entire family featuring such favorites as “Three Coins in a Fountain” and “Catch a Falling Star.”
• The Diary of Anne Frank, Monday, Oct. 11, a young girl’s diary, kept for two years and one month while she was hiding in a secret annex in Amsterdam during WWII.
• Vicki Lawrence and Mama: A Two-woman show, Thursday, Oct. 21, one of the most beloved TV personalities of her generation and Emmy award winning Vicki Lawrence created the endearing character Mama as part of the legendary cast of the “Carol Burnett Show.
• The Adventures of Harold and the Purple Crayon, Sunday, Oct. 24 (special family event at 2 p.m.), life-size puppets, masked actors, magic, music and large scale video animation recreate the children’s storybook character’s world of make-believe.
• Oklahoma!, Tuesday, Nov. 9, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, two Academy Awards, a Grammy and a Tony, a high spirited rivalry between farmers and cowboys recounts a cherished love story.
• Holiday on Broadway, Saturday, Dec. 11, stars of “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Les Miserables,” and “The King and I” with a live 10-piece orchestra perform Broadway favorites, beloved holiday music, and a hilarious Saturday Night Live-style twist on your favorite carols.
• Cats, Friday, Jan. 28, the one, the only, the original—one of the longest running shows in Broadway history, winner of 7 Tonys, including Best Musical, an Andrew Lloyd Webber masterpiece.
• New Shanghai Circus, Tuesday, March 1, as seen on Broadway and PBS, breathtaking feats of skill typical of Chinese circus artistry that can be traced back a thousand years.
• Forever Motown, Friday, May 20, costumes and choreography reminiscent of Motown plus a funky 7-piece band create a nonstop, high-energy ride down memory lane with “My Girl,” “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” “Shop Around” and many other hits.