Ogdensburg Kiwanis looking for donations for annual auction
OGDENSBURG -- The Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club is looking for donated items for its annual auction which will be held Friday, June 2, at 6 p.m. at the Ogdensburg Odd Fellows.
The auction, at the corner of Route 37 and Linden Road, will feature Bob and Nancy Kosman and the staff of Kosman Auction and Realty who are donating their services to help the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club’s extensive youth charities programs.Some of last year's items included: gift certificates to area restaurants and businesses, an extensive variety of flowers and plants, art works, as well as many, many more items. Enjoy dinner while you're there, as the Odd Fellows Concession stand will be open.
The Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club offers one of the North Country’s most extensive youth service programs.
Programs that will benefit from the annual auction includes:
• Kiwanis youth baseball, softball and soccer which serves more than 800 children in the Ogdensburg, Lisbon, Heuvelton and Morristown areas;
• Ogdensburg Free Academy Key Club, a high school service club;
• Ogdensburg Free Academy Builders Club, a junior high service club;
• Ogdensburg K-Kids, an elementary service club;
• Scholarships for graduating seniors at Northwest Tech’s Culinary program and area high schools;
• First book programs for newborn babies at Claxton Hepburn Medical Center;
• Academic enrichment program;
• Athletic fields at the Clifford Montroy Sports Complex.
To make a donation, contact any member of the Ogdensburg Kiwanis Club, including Kiwanis auction chairman Jeff Swanson, president John Pinkerton, Bill Merna, Andy Mitchell, Bill Hosmer, Catrina Anderson, Chris Becker, Larry Mitchell, Jim Reagen, Martha Valley, Bob Forsyth, Nancy Skelly, Shaun McNeil, Chris Pitcher, or email Swanson at [email protected].