NNY Bassmasters team trail season begins June 8; events planned in Ogdensburg, Massena, Waddington, Black Lake
Northern New York Bassmasters Angler Brad Paradis displays a catch.The Northern New York Bassmasters team trail season will begin Saturday, June 8 at Lake Champlain and will include stops along the St. Lawrence River in July, August and September.
The club is made up of anglers from across the North Country and Canada. The club was founded in 2003 to establish a team tournament series focused on competitive bass fishing.
Boat limits are five bass, either smallmouth or largemouth, and anglers can only use artificial lures. Live bait is prohibited.
Tournaments are open to club members only, however anyone can join by paying the annual $50 per team dues. There is an additional $15 “lunker fee” for those interested in the lunker pool. Tournaments also have individual entry fees.
The full team schedule follows:
• Lake Champlain - Chazy - June 8, 2013
• Lake Ontario - Chaumont Bay - June 22, 2013
• Black Lake - State Launch - July 7th, 2013
• St. Law. River - Ogdensburg Patterson St. - July 20, 2013
• St. Law. River - Massena Intake - August 3, 2013
• Upper Saranac Lake - State Launch - August 24, 2013
• Lake Ontario - Henderson Harbor - Sept. 7, 2013
• Day 1 - Black Lake - State Launch Sept 21, 2013
• Day 2 - St. Lawrence River - Waddington Sept. 22, 2013
For more information visit northernnybassmastersclub.freehomepage.com/